Developing self acceptance and confidence leads to more healthy connections.
Learning Life Skills
- Self confidence and self-esteem
- Importance of trust and respect
- Effective Communication/Listening and Observation
- Problem Solving and Resilience
- Setting clear intentions and boundaries
- Leadership and the value of team effort
- Understanding individual personalities and perspectives
A unique, enlightening and educational experience!
Six Week Program
ALSO AVAILABLE AS YOUTH with PARENT or GRANDPARENT
Our 6 week program highlights….
- Week One: Getting to Know You-introduction to horses and facility; safety and handling of horses emphasizing mindfulness and boundaries
- Week Two: Individuality and Unique Perspectives-understanding the unique qualities of horse and human with their individual strengths and challenges
- Week Three: Communication and Connection-understanding the importance of clear intention, focus and a kind and direct approach with a common goal in mind
- Week Four: Rhythms and Regularity of Life-the importance of healthy habits and daily routines as part of a full and happy life
- Week Five: Partnering with Others-bringing individuality, clear communication, mindfulness and boundaries to your experiences with others
- Week Six: Celebrating Success-the importance of acknowledging achievement to gain confidence and greater meaning in everything you do
At the end of six weeks the youth can continue with weekly or every other week sessions with the horses.
Participants need to be healthy enough to stand and walk without assistance in an arena/pasture.