Developing self acceptance and confidence leads to more healthy connections.
Learning Life Skills
- Self confidence and self-esteem
- Importance of trust and respect
- Effective Communication/Listening and Greater Awareness
- Problem Solving and Resilience
- Setting clear intentions and boundaries
- Asking questions and taking initiative
- Understanding individual personalities and perspectives
A unique, enlightening and educational experience!
Six Week Program
TWO SESSIONS THIS SUMMER
June 9th and July 21, 2022
Healing Hearts Ranch Olympia, WA
Our 6 week program highlights….
- Week One: Getting to Know You-introduction to horses and facility; safety and handling of horses emphasizing greater awareness and boundaries
- Week Two: Individuality and Unique Perspectives-understanding the unique qualities of horse and human with their individual strengths and challenges while gaining greater appreciation for yourself.
- Week Three: Communication and Connection-understanding the importance of listening, while expressing yourself appropriately and seeing each individual’s point of view.
- Week Four: Rhythms and Regularity of Life-learning to accept the challenges and joys of life as well as the importance of healthy habits and daily routines as part of a full and happy life.
- Week Five: Partnering with Others-learning to use clear communication, problem solving, taking charge and asking questions
- Week Six: Celebrating Success-the importance of acknowledging achievement to gain confidence and greater meaning in everything you do
ALL ACTIVITIES ON THE GROUND-NO RIDING and NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
At the end of six weeks the youth can continue with weekly or every other week life lessons with the horses (on the ground).
Participants need to be healthy enough to stand and walk without assistance in an arena/pasture.