Calm, safe, trained and experienced horses
Compassion fatigue is real, effecting anyone who cares for others on a regular basis and happens when you take on the emotions, pain and suffering of others, losing your sense of self in the process . Horses are sensitive and calming, allowing us to feel at home with the emotions in our body. They give us the space to release our stress and rediscover the individual goals, values and ideals that define us as the remarkable unique individuals we know we can be-OUR BEST SELF!
In one amazing afternoon you’ll discover:
- How to identify the risk factors for compassion fatigue
- How to create conscious mindful empathy versus mindless empathy
- How to let go of “some” control
- How to set/respect healthy limits/ boundaries and enhance the quality of your caregiving relationships
- How to take protective measures to counter compassion fatigue
- How to reconnect with and celebrate your own sense of self
A unique, enlightening and educational experience!
REGISTER TODAY FOR MAY 23rd CLASS
“Horses Helping Healers” will be offered in small groups (adult participants only) for two hour sessions at the Zeb’s Wish Equine Sanctuary (about 30 minutes southeast of Portland)
Participants will engage in simple activities on the ground with horses followed by guided reflection with experienced facilitators . There is no riding and no equine experience necessary to participate.
COST: $75 (handouts, snacks and refreshments included)
DATE/TIME: May 23,2021 from 11 am to 1 pm
FACILITATOR: Cathy Mahon, Certified Coach/Equine Experiential Education
“We never know the worth of water until the well is dry.”